A life coach is a partner, in creating the experience that is valuable for you, to attain your goals, passions, and to empower you. A life coach doesn’t coach you like a sport coach. A life coach creates a space for open conversation, and inquiry into your inner wisdom, knowledge, and ideas.
In a solution focused framework, you can manifest what you already know into an embodied experience and action plan to achieve your goals and vision for your life, creating a sense of peace.
A life coach is skilled in creating the framework for the conversation, for you to envision what you desire, to discover why it’s really important to you, to know when you achieve it, and to create manageable actions steps toward your desires and goals.
The conversation is guided by you the client. Why? Because of these 5 Ericksonian principles only you know yourself the best:
- YOU are OK – everyone is ok as they are. Meaning that where ever you are on your journey in life, it is exactly where you are meant to be. Why? Because that is where you are, by the choices that you’ve made in the past.
- YOU has a positive intention – in exploring to the deeper meaning of our intentions, going beyond the the surface, beneath the layers you will find that there is always a positive intention for a your actions.
- YOU make the best choice that is available to them – believing that each individual, when given the opportunity, can and will make the best choices for themselves at that time. You know yourself the best, as you are unique.
- YOU have all the resources you need – belief that you do have an inner wisdom, knowledge, intuition, experience to create solutions to attaining your desires.
- Change is inevitable – we’re changing every moment in our lives, regardless if we do nothing or we’re busy as heck. You can’t ever go back to the last hour, minute, or even seconds that has passed. So, no matter what you do, or don’t do, things will change with time.
Words have power and energy, and saying your ideas out loud has a powerful effect on your heart and soul, which helps you to awaken to your most deepest values. Values that make you feel passionate and full of purpose and excited to get out of bed in the morning!
Most life coaches have a gift Life coaches serve you to live your most inspired and empowered life.
See what Google CEO says about coaching here.